Airplane Design Part-VIII: Airplane Cost Estimation: Design, Development, Manufacturing & Operating
|Author||: Dr. Jan Roskam|
Airplane Design Part-VIII: Airplane Cost Estimation by Dr. Jan Roskam.
Airplane Design Part-VIII: Airplane Cost Estimation: Design, Development, Manufacturing & Operating, familiarizes the reader with the following fundamentals:
- Cost definitions and concepts
- Method for estimating research , development, test and evaluation cost
- Method for estimating prototyping cost
- Methods for estimating manufacturing and acquisition cost
- Methods for estimating operating cost
- Examples of Life cycle cost calculation for a military airplane
- Airplane design optimization and design-to-cost considerations
- Factors in airplane program decision making.
Dr. Jan Roskam has authored eleven books on airplane flight dynamics and airplane design. He is the author of more than 160 papers on these topics. He is the Ackers Distinguished Professor of Aerospace Engineering at the University of Kansas, where he teaches airplane design, stability and control.