Airplane Design Part-VI : Preliminary Calculation of Aerodynamic Thrust & Power Characteristics
|Author||: Dr. Jan Roskam|
Airplane Design Part-VI by Dr. Jan Roskam.
Airplane Design Part VI: Preliminary Calculation of Aerodynamic Thrust and Power Characteristics, familiarizes the reader with the following fundamentals:
- Methods for estimating airplane drag with and without flaps
- Methods for estimating airplane lift with and without flaps
- Methods for estimating airplane pitching moment with and without flaps
- Methods for estimating installed thrust and power data
- Methods for estimating stability derivatives
- Methods for estimating hingemoment derivatives.
Dr. Jan Roskam has authored eleven books on airplane flight dynamics and airplane design. He is the author of more than 160 papers on these topics. He is the Ackers Distinguished Professor of Aerospace Engineering at the University of Kansas, where he teaches airplane design, stability and control.