Airplane Design Part-V: Component Weight Estimation
|Author||: Dr. Jan Roskam|
Airplane Design Part-V by Dr. Jan Roskam.
Airplane Design Part-V: Component Weight Estimation, familiarizes the reader with the following fundamentals:
- Class I method for estimating airplane moments weights
- Class I methods for estimating airplane moments inertia
- Class II methods for detailed airplane component and grouping weights
- V-n diagram methods
- Class II methods for structure weight
- Class II methods for powerplant weight
- Class II methods for fixed equipment weight
- Data and methods for center of gravity location of individual components
- Class II methods for airplane moments and products of inertia
- Data base for airplane component weights
- Data base for airplane non-dimensional radii of gyration.About Author
Dr. Jan Roskam has authored eleven books on airplane flight dynamics and airplane design. He is the author of more than 160 papers on these topics. He is the Ackers Distinguished Professor of Aerospace Engineering at the University of Kansas, where he teaches airplane design, stability and control.