Airplane Design Part-III: Layout Design of Cockpit, Fuselage, Wing & Empennage: Cutaways & Inboard Profiles
|Author||: Dr. Jan Roskam|
Airplane Design Part-III by Dr. Jan Roskam.
Airplane Design Part-III: Layout Design of Cockpit, Fuselage, Wing & Empennage: Cutaways & Inboard Profiles, familiarizes the reader with the following fundamentals:
- Cockpit (or flight deck) layout design
- Aerodynamic design considerations for the fuselage layout
- Interior layout design of the fuselage
- Fuselage structural design considerations
- Wing aerodynamic and operational design considerations
- Wing structural design considerations
- Empennage aerodynamics and operational design considerations
- Empennage structural and integration design consideration
- Integration of propulsion system
- Preliminary structural arrangement, material selection and manufacturing breakdown.
Dr. Jan Roskam has authored eleven books on airplane flight dynamics and airplane design. He is the author of more than 160 papers on these topics. He is the Ackers Distinguished Professor of Aerospace Engineering at the University of Kansas, where he teaches airplane design, stability and control.