Airplane Design Part-I: Preliminary Sizing of Airplanes
|Author||: Dr. Jan Roskam|
Airplane Design Part-I by Dr. Jan Roskam
Airplane Design Part-I .
Airplane Design Part -I : Preliminary Sizing of Airplane, familiarizes the reader with the following fundamentals:
- Estimating take-off gross weight, empty weight and mission fuel weight
- Sensitivity studies and growth factors
- Estimating wing area
- Take-off thrust/power and maximum clean, take-off and landing lift
- Sizing to stall speed, take-off distance, landing distance, climb, maneuvering and cruise speed requirements
- Matching of all performance requirement via performance matching diagrams.
Dr. Jan Roskam has authored eleven books on airplane flight dynamics and airplane design. He is the author of more than 160 papers on these topics. He is the Ackers Distinguished Professor of Aerospace Engineering at the University of Kansas, where he teaches airplane design, stability and control.